Published and promoted by Mike Booth, on behalf of Kew Ward Liberal Democrats, at 35 Shakespeare Street, Southport PR8 5AB. Hosted by Blogspot, who do not know or endorse the contents of this posting.



Thursday, 7 March 2013

Medium Mike


For as long as I can remember I have struggled to get clothes that fit.

For years, previously,  I could walk into a shop, pick up an article labelled as "small" and usually it would fit perfectly.

Something has changed in recent years.

I have not put weight on, I haven't grown and my measurements remain the same.

However, I now find that clothes labelled as "small" bury me. That is if I can find any such labels. Shops such as Marks & Spencer's no monger have my sizes on display - I have to order them.

This may be an anomaly, but this all changed on Tuesday.

Whilst shopping for walking clothes in Ambleside, I spotted a fleece that I have coveted for some time. I found one on the sale rail at a drastically reduced price - but it was a "medium".

Amazingly it fit me perfectly, so I bought it!

Have elastic tape measures disappeared?
Have I suddenly grown a couple of inches?

Or could it be that the manufacturers of walking clothes do not need to give the false impression to purchasers that they have not put on weight?

No comments:

Post a Comment