Published and promoted by Mike Booth, on behalf of Kew Ward Liberal Democrats, at 35 Shakespeare Street, Southport PR8 5AB. Hosted by Blogspot, who do not know or endorse the contents of this posting.



Friday, 25 January 2013

Southport's Atkinson Centre

On Wednesday afternoon I arranged for members of the Southport Area Committee to have a site visit to the Atkinson Centre, formerly know as The Arts Centre.

The local press have carried stories on the refurbishment of the centre with numerous photographs.

I took a few of my own photos which follow.

All who attended were impressed by the transformation of this once dilapidated building. When it opens in May it will act as a regional hub for the arts and it will be something that Southport residents will be proud of.

I may post further details when I can find an electronic version of the reports I have received in the past.

The New Tourist Information Centre

Above the stairway

Seating in the studio

Repositioned Stained Glass Windows

Keep it clean!!

Elected Members with Head of Arts John Taylor

The New Lights

Lots of Daylight



Main Theatre with New "Boxes".

Shelving going into the library



1 comment:

  1. I too was impressed Mike.

    More photos etc http://birkdalefocus.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-atkinson-get-mummy.html

    ReplyDelete