Published and promoted by Mike Booth, on behalf of Kew Ward Liberal Democrats, at 35 Shakespeare Street, Southport PR8 5AB. Hosted by Blogspot, who do not know or endorse the contents of this posting.



Monday, 3 December 2012

The Clairvoyant Councillor



For a few weeks now I have been working part-time at a local supermarket, picking the orders paced online. It is company policy to assist shoppers whenever they seek assistance. When a customer asks the location of a product, it is expected that staff will take the customer to the correct location rather than simply point in the general direction.

Such a customer approached me on Friday in the breakfast cereals isle.

I was expecting her to ask for the whereabouts of the Weetabix or the Cornflakes.

Instead she asked me what were her husbands favourite cereals?

My only honest response had to be "you need to ask your husband".

She didn't seem to register my reply, but she seemed happy and placed a box of expensive muesli in her trolley.

I do get asked all sorts of strange and diverse questions as a councillor, supermarket employee and in the past as a teacher. But my skills as a clairvoyant have never been sought before.

No comments:

Post a Comment